Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the service plan as applicable and regularly reassesses the needs of the client
• Participate in in-service programs, as well as training, and teaching other personnel
• Develop and implement the service plan for each patient under the direction of their physician or family
• Observe and report symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
• Initiate preventative procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety and effecting changes in environment to ensure patient safety and security
• Maintain clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care and providing progress reports to their physician
• Coordinate services for patients as needed to other agencies and health care providers as appropriate.
• Counsel the patient and their family in meeting nursing and related needs
• Provide supervision of caregiver services and preparing written instructions for care provided by aides
• Maintain confidentiality of patient and agency matters
• Submit required documentation in a timely manner
• Report observed or suspected abuse pursuant to mandated requirements.
• Assist the Administrator in decision making and policy formation as it pertains to the Home Care Services.
• Participate in surveys, studies and special projects as assigned
• Maintain accurate time records
• In addition to scheduled hours, participating in weekend/holiday call schedule, as needed.
• Observe agency’s attendance requirements and dress code.
• Conserve agency resources and adequately maintaining agency property, supplies, and equipment.
• Adhere to all agency polices, including but not limited to, infection control and safety, education, reporting and practice implementation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Valid and current RN license in the state of Georgia
• CPR certified
• 1-3 years of nursing experience (home care experience, preferred)
• Supervisory skills, a plus
• Excellent communication skills, flexible and able to interact positively with the rest of the staff.
• Strong sense of initiative and urgency in addressing unexpected patient crises
• Self-directed, able to work without presence of immediate supervisor.
• Commitment to regulatory compliance and to submitting all documentation in a timely fashion
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding exposure to body fluids and chemicals, as well as to some hazardous equipment
• Must have the ability to:
• See and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual requests.
• Pass a background screen.
• Travel as required and be in possession of a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Evidence of adequate health status to perform duties
• Possess excellent computer skills
• Physical abilities to adequately perform described duties
This position has potential for cross training to other programs within the agency. Cross training to perform those job functions is not included in the home care job description. This portion of cross training will be utilized on an as needed basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:-
• Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
In Home Care New Client Assessment Experience preferred
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia