Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Ensure quality and safe delivery of home care services.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• High school graduation or GED required.
• Ability to read, write, follow instructions and complete training or pass competency assessment, as appropriate, for understanding needs of populations served, i.e.,
• Basic meal preparation
• Provision of transportation services
• Home safety
• Handle emergencies in the home and infection control
• Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward care elderly
• Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands
• Good verbal communications skills required.
• Attend ( 8 hours of personal care oriented in services per year.
• Shall have a criminal history check conducted prior to being offered work with this agency.
• Ability to work closely supervised to ensure competence in providing client care.
• Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
• Is neat in appearance and practice, with good personal hygiene.
• Deal effectively with stress
• Work assigned hours per week
• Bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day
• Lift up to 50+ pounds
• Work in a stressful environment.
• Drive up to 50+ miles per day.
Assess and communicate with ill clients, co-workers, and general public.
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia