ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervisor visits
• Participating in in-service programs, as well as training, and teaching other personnel
• Adhering to the Service Plan for each patient under the direction of the register nurse
• Observing and reporting symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
• Initiating preventative procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety. Effecting changes in environment to ensure patient safety and security
• Maintaining clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care and providing progress reports to their physician
• Communicating services for patients as needed to other agencies and health care providers as appropriate.
• Counseling the patient and their family in meeting nursing and related needs
• Providing supervision of caregiver services and preparing written instructions for care provided by aides
• Maintaining confidentiality of patient and agency matters
• Submitting required documentation in a timely manner
• Reporting observed or suspected abuse pursuant to mandated requirements.
• Assisting the Administrator in decision making and policy formation as it pertains to the Home Care Services.
• Participating in surveys, studies and special projects as assigned
• Maintaining accurate time records
• In addition to scheduled hours, participating in weekend/holiday call schedule, as needed.
• Observing agency’s attendance requirements and dress code.
• Conserving agency resources and adequately maintaining agency property, supplies, and equipment.
• Adhering to all agency polices, including but not limited to, infection control and safety, education, reporting and practice implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Valid and current LPN license in the state of Georgia
• CPR certified
• 1-3 years of nursing experience; home care experience, preferred
• Supervisory skills, a plus
• Excellent communication skills, flexible ability to interact positively with the rest of the staff.
• Strong sense of initiative and urgency in addressing unexpected patient crises
• Self-directed, able to work without presence of immediate supervisor.
• Commitment to regulatory compliance and to submitting all documentation in a timely fashion
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding exposure to body fluids and chemicals, as well as to some hazardous equipment
• Ability to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual requests
• Evidence of adequate health status to perform duties
• Ability to pass a background screen
• Ability to travel as required must have current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Possess excellent computer skills
• Physical abilities to adequately perform described duties
• This position has potential for cross training to other programs within the agency. Cross training to perform those job functions is not included in the home care job description. This portion of cross training will be utilized on an as needed basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
In Home Care New Client Assessment Experience preferred