Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ambulation, transfer, and positioning of clients.
• Assist with bathing, grooming, shaving, dental care, dressing and eating.
• Knowledge of Basic First Aid and CPR.
• Meet client’s special needs as it relates to:
• Home management
• Home safety & sanitation
• Infection control in the home
• Medically related activities including:
• Taking vital signs
• Proper nutrition
• Implement current Certified Nurse Aide services
• Ensure Service Plans of Care are discussed with Care the Wright Way supervisor on a regular basis.
• Ensure client assignments and reports are received from Care the Wright Way supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Certified Nurse Aide Certification required through successful completion of an approved program.
• One year-full time experience in personal care or an institutional setting, such as a hospital or nursing home, or one-year full-time experience within the last five years in direct client care in a home care agency setting; or
• Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward elderly care
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and carry out directions.
• Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Attend eight (8 hours of personal care-oriented services per year.
• Participate in professional meetings when directed.
• Ability to work closely supervised to ensure competence in providing client care.
• Must have a criminal history check conducted prior to being offered a position with the agency
• Sufficient visual and hearing ability to comprehend written and verbal communication.
• Ability to perform tasks involving activity which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
• Deal effectively with stress.
• Work assigned hours per week.
• Bend and stand an average of six (6) hours per day.
• Lift up to 50+ pounds.
• Write up to 3 hours per day.
• Work in a stressful environment.
• Drive up to 50+ miles per day.
• Assess and communicate with ill clients, co-workers, and public.
• Must be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
MAY BE HIRED BY THE AGENCY IF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET:
• The Certified Nurse Aide is expected to pass the competency examination with a score of 80% or better. The content of the competency evaluation of the Agency will include but not limited to (if applicable):
• Communication skills.
• Observation, reporting and documentation of a client’s status and the care or service furnished.
• Reading and recording of temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
• Basic infection control procedures and instruction on universal precautions.
• Basic elements of body functions and changes in body function that must be reported to the Supervisor.
• Maintenance of a clean, healthy, and safe environment.
• Recognize emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Understand the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of the populations served by the agency including the need for respect for the client and his or her privacy and property.
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia